Interested in possibly licensing one of our fonts? You've come to the right place. Although every file is free for download, you must have an EULA (end user license agreement) to use one commercially. If you or your company is generating revenue while using a Sharkshock™ font this would classify as commercial use. Personal use does not require a license of any kind. Please contact us if you're not sure.
Each EULA is determined by the type of use requested and the company size. Licenses apply to the company that will be using the font (not the designer). Unlike other foundries we do not limit page views on webfonts, calculate users, or offer licenses that expire/have to be renewed. There are no royalty agreements. You pay one price for your EULA and you're done. Discounted bundles are available for multiple license types. If you've previously purchased an EULA and would like to use it for a different purpose, contact us for a discounted upgrade.
Step one: choose your Usage type
one time desktop
ONE TIME DESKTOP USE
The font will be installed and used exactly once. Common examples of this are a company logo, book cover, corporate poster, or political ad. E books, apps, software, film/TV, commercials, games, manufactured products (except t-shirts and crafts), and webfonts are excluded. Please make note of those menu items. This option cannot be combined with another one. You may upgrade if you find more uses beyond one time use. Upgrade fee is equivalent to price difference of desired usage type.
UNLIMITED DESKTOP USE:
This option gives you the flexibility to do what you want beyond the one time use. Common examples include advertisements, web graphics, and publishing. Exporting into PDF files is OK. You will have unlimited use with the exception of e books, apps, software, film/TV, commercials, games, manufactured products (except t-shirts and crafts), and webfonts. Please make note of those menu items. This may be combined with other options for discounted rate.
E BOOK USE:
The font will be used for the publishing of e books. There is no limit on characters or number of e books. May be combined with a different option for publishing at a discounted rate. Usage is unlimited.
Font will be used on a website using CSS. Typekit can be provided. There are no limits on page views as usage is unlimited. Please visit the @font-face website for more information on using and installing webfonts. Can be combined with other options for discounted rate.
Font will be used in games, mobile apps, or computer software. Software in which end users can create graphics using the font is not permitted. Can be combined with other options for discounted rate.
FILM /MEDIA USE:
This option covers all spectrums used by TV networks, media broadcasting, video streaming providers, film industry, and any company requiring related usage including, but not limited to titles, credits, posters, commercials, ads, packaging, and DVD/blu ray interface.
With this option you will have unlimited access to every Sharkshock font created up to the license date. Future fonts will be discounted by 50%. All usage types are included. This can be attractive if you're considering multiple licenses or several different fonts. Sale of the font(s) is not permitted. Updates are included as well.
MARKETPLACE / ADS
This discounted desktop license is available to individuals with either a seller account (Etsy, Creative Market, eBay, etc.) or ones who earn ad revenue (YouTube, Blogger, Google Adsense, etc.). Fonts may be used for crafts, designs, descriptions, logos, headers, and web graphics. A valid user ID is required. Usage is strictly limited to non-hosted websites which require a login. Items that allow an end user to create things using the font are prohibited. Selling the font itself is prohibited.
Step TWO: choose your Company size
(101+ employees in at least 2 different countries)
BUNDLE PRICING FOR COMBINED FONT LICENSES
There are now bundled discounts for combining multiple font licenses. One time desktop use is not eligible for this promotion and cannot be combined with any others. Simply mention this ad and receive 10% off on 2 licenses. Receive 20% off on 3 or more.
get a 10% discount on 2 licenses and 20% on 3 or more
Bundle multiple licenses and receive a flat discount on the total. Exclusions may apply. Avoid where prohibited.
Step THREE: use the matrix for pricing
EULA Pricing *
Use this matrix for pricing after determining the appropriate tier in step 2. The name to be registered on the EULA will serve as the licensee. If you are a hired graphic designer this would be your client. Commercial usage without a valid EULA is strictly prohibited**. By using a Sharkshock font commercially you agree to the terms and conditions contained within our EULA.
one time desktop
*prices subject to change
** retroactive EULA for unauthorized usage may be subject to a surcharge between 2-10 times standard pricing
Restrictions and conditions apply. Check descriptions in step 1.
EULA terms and conditions
Please note that this text is not an official document or guarantee of license. In accordance with the terms and conditions made available this shall serve as an EULA upon purchase. A purchase ensures that you have read and agree to the terms and conditions provided within this document and serves as your endorsement. Marketplace/Ad EULA contains additional conditions.
1. Proof of License. This agreement is your proof of license. Please treat it as valuable property and keep it in a safe place. You may be required at some point in the future to prove that you have a license to the fonts. This License Agreement and receipt will serve as your only proof that you have a license.
2. Sharkshock™ Ownership of Fonts. Sharkshock™, its founder Dennis Ludlow, and any agents or assigns of Dennis Ludlow (collectively Sharkshock™) owns certain rights to this License Agreement. The font software is protected by copyright laws and other intellectual property laws. Title to the fonts, any copy of the fonts, and any intellectual property rights in the fonts shall at all times remain with Sharkshock™. Your rights are defined by this License Agreement to which you agree creates a legally binding and valid contract.
3. License Grant. Sharkshock™ grants to you this non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the font on any computer operated by (company name) for any use, be it private or commercial for any purpose. Permission to distribute this font to a secondary business such as a screen printer or publisher for sole purpose of output is legitimate as well.
4. Modifications. Sharkshock™ prohibits the modification of its source font(s) or creation of derivative works without prior consent from Sharkshock™ unless specifically granted in the License Agreement. End user projects in which the font(s) have been modified is permitted only if the source font(s) have not been disassembled, altered, or deconstructed unless previously agreed to previously.
a. You may not rent, timeshare, lend, or lease the font(s) to a third party.
b. You may not translate, disassemble, or otherwise alter the source file of the font(s).
c. You may not remove or obscure trademark or copyright notices.
d. You may not redistribute the font(s) as stock, in a template, tool, or as source files.
e. You may not redistribute the font(s) as is or with superficial modifications.
f. You may not use the font(s) in a software program which allows an end user to produce digital or physical goods such as “on demand”, “build it yourself”, or “made to order” application.
g. You may not allow an end user to extract the font(s) and use them separately from the end product.
h. You may not create an end product using a web font, even if such a license was procured, in which end users are encouraged or facilitated to extract the web font or create text using it.
i. You many not use the font software or the designs embodied therein on goods for sale without the purchase of a special license permitting such uses.
6. Term. The license is effective until terminated. This License Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any of the terms described herein or fail to pay the appropriate license fees. You may terminate it at any time by destroying all copies of the fonts. Upon any termination, you agree to destroy all copies of the font(s).
7. Disclaimer of Warranties. Sharkshock™ makes no warranties of any kind and no warranty is given that the fonts are error-free or that their use will work in connection with any other software. All warranties, conditions, representations, indemnities and guarantees, whether express or implied, arising by law, custom, prior oral, or written statements (including, but not limited to, any warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose or of error free and uninterrupted use or any warranty against infringement) are hereby overridden, excluded and disclaimed, except as otherwise expressly stated in this license agreement. Sharkshock™ makes no warranty that the use of the Fonts will not infringe any intellectual property rights of third parties. You are solely liable for any such infringement.
8. No Liability for Damages. In no event shall Sharkshock™ be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or other pecuniary loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use the fonts, even if Sharkshock™ has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you, if North Carolina law is held not to apply to this License Agreement.
9. Time Limitation on Claims. Except as otherwise provided by applicable law, no claim, regardless of form, arising out of or in connection with this License Agreement may be brought by you unless such claim is brought either (i) within one year after the cause of action has accrued or (ii) within the shortest period of time after the cause of action has accrued that may be legally contracted for in the applicable jurisdiction if a one year limitation would be legally unenforceable.
10. General. You bear the entire risk as to damage and the quality and performance of the fonts. You assume risk as to any hardware, software, data or any other item as a result of the copying or use of the fonts. You assume responsibility for the selection of the font(s) to achieve your intended results, and for the installation, use and results obtained from the font(s).
11. Choice of Law. This license agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of North Carolina, without giving effect to any choice-of-law rules that may require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction. This agreement will not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, the application of which is expressly excluded.
12. Severability/Reformation. If any provision of this License Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, it will not affect the validity of any other provision of this Agreement and those provisions shall remain valid and enforceable according to their terms. To the extent that an unenforceable provision may be reformed to be enforceable by a Court, such provision shall be deemed to be so reformed in this License Agreement.
13. Illegal Use. Unauthorized usage may be subject to retroactive EULA surcharges, fines, legal fees, and/or criminal prosecution.
14. Other Rights Reserved. All rights not specifically granted in this License Agreement are reserved by Sharkshock™.
15. Entire Agreement. You acknowledge that you have read License Agreement, understand it, and agree to be bound by its terms and conditions. You further agree that it is the complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between us which supersedes any proposal or prior agreement, oral or written, and any other communications between us relating to the subject matter of this License Agreement.
Ready to purchase? Feeling stumped? Questions?
Use the form below to contact us!
Copyright © Sharkshock LLC 2018. All rights reserved. Website Design by Dennis Ludlow